The second step towards getting your child the help needed, is attending a two-day appointments for children with special needs.
The Family Hope Center offers a highly successful, comprehensive approach to neurological treatment that has been helping brain-injured children and their families for nearly half a century. Although widely accepted internationally, acceptance in the United States is limited primarily to physicians who have seen the results of this approach in their own patients, and physicians practicing functional medicine. But a recent, independent report shows that our results are substantially better
than the national average. You can read a summary of this report by clicking HERE
, or the original full report by clicking HERE
Working with a wide range of practitioners and consultants – pediatricians, internists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, osteopaths, neurologists, psychologists and homeopaths, among others – the Team of The Family Hope Center provide in-depth instruction and training in this innovative yet medically sound treatment protocol. Equipped with this knowledge and training, parents are able to bring about substantial and even extraordinary improvements in their children’s level of function in all areas of life.
The Team will see a group of up to five children and their parents at a time for intensive, two-day appointments at The Family Hope Center. The goal of these appointments is to provide a program that will help the parents achieve the next physical, social, physiological and intellectual objectives for their child. Fathers and mothers attend together, as a team. When they return home, they are encouraged to call or e-mail with any questions, and to send bi-monthly reports and videotapes on their child’s progress.
that both parents (or the parent who will primarily do the program and an adult helper) must attend our interactive three-day training conference, “How to Help Your Child with Special Needs
,” before bringing their child for a two-day appointment.
A typical two-appointment at The Family Hope Center includes:
- Meeting with Medical Director, including analysis and review of all bodily systems (brain, endocrine, organs, respiratory, gastrointestinal); historical review of the child’s medical condition; and a complete constitutional homeopathic analysis
- Comprehensive neurological history and complete sensory/motor/emotional evaluation by Team. Cranial sacral and fascia evaluation to measure brain rhythm, cranial/sacral balance, and fascia strain (degree and extent) on the structure
- Orthopedic gait analysis, using computerized, state-of-the-art equipment. This helps determine whether the child would benefit from physiological arch supports to help improve overall gait function
- Neurological diagnosis, covering the degree, extent, laterality and location within the brain of the child’s injury, is presented and discussed
- Based on each child’s specific needs, the Team begins teaching and training families, in groups or individually, the ‘whys’ and ‘how’s’ of the programs the child will receive
- Complete overview of the child’s new integrated neurological treatment plan.
- Education/Sensory/Social Program - individually designed, outlined, demonstrated and taught. This is a detailed teaching time in which parents learn, in detail, which programs will help develop the sensory pathways that correspond to their child’s diagnosis. Parents are also taught how to begin teaching the child, at home, how to read, general knowledge, and emotional/social development skills.
- Nutrition Program – individually designed, outlined and taught. This session reviews all the bodily systems utilizing a sophisticated computerized program that supports analysis of each system, and how they are balanced, using meridian points throughout the body. This evaluation also analyzes the child for toxins, allergies, parasites, microbes, and other inconsistencies that may be affecting brain and body function. Using this and other knowledge gained in the session, the Team develops an individualized diet designed specifically to help heal the child and create optimal health.
- Physical Program – individually designed, outlined, demonstrated and taught. In this session parents are taught how to provide the environment and motivation that will give their child maximum opportunity to reach the next level of neurological function – for example, from no ability to move, to learning how to move independently; from crawling on the belly, to creeping on the hands and knees; from creeping, to learning how to take steps and begin to walk; from walking poorly, to walking easily and well; from an inability to run, to running! This program often combines several elements to develop breathing, coordination, strength and balance together.
- Physiological/Respiration Program – individually designed, outlined, demonstrated and taught. The Team does a cranial sacral treatment, along with a comprehensive fascia session with the child. When appropriate, parents are taught how to follow up with this program at home. Finally, parents are introduced to the concepts and practice of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and are given an opportunity to experience this valuable treatment.
- Wrap-up and questions
Appointments at The Family Hope Center are scheduled Monday through Thursday. Fridays and Saturdays are specifically dedicated to responding to answering telephone calls and emails from families, and reviewing parents’ bi-monthly reports and videos. Of course, if a reply is needed urgently, the Team will respond immediately.
Two-Day Appointment Application and Payment Information
For available appointment dates, please contact The Family Hope Center here >
To apply for a two-day appointment, please download, complete and send this application
For payment information, click here >