Getting started, taking the first steps, is in many ways the hardest action to take. But as the poet Goethe once wrote, “Only engage, and the mind grows heated.”
Go through these next steps as you would a checklist, checking off each as you go. When you reach the bottom, you’ll have taken all the necessary steps to begin on a directed, focused and productive pathway to healing your child. Each step, we are here to assist and guide you.
For more on getting started, The Family Hope Center has compiled a few pages of tips and resources to help you and your family:
- Pray for wisdom and guidance.
- Read this web site, especially the moms’ and dads’ stories.
- Call us and talk to our Team.
- Get the information about our “Special Needs” seminar.
- Talk to your spouse about the seminar, and decide to take it together, as a team.
- Send in a seminar application, and reserve a slot.
- Take the seminar, and consider carefully having a comprehensive, hands-on neurological evaluation and subsequent program designed for your child.
- Print out the Do’s and Don’t’s, and tape them to your refrigerator.
- A list of Do’s and Don’t’s, which offers basic guidelines to help you and your child
- Access to the “Hope for Children” online discussion group. Here you will find many “veteran” parents who can share their experiences to help you in the beginning stages of a program.
- Informational resource links to additional information on local lodging alternatives, travel to the FHC, quality supplements, and more